Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Am In LOVE!!!

Growing up I drove my MOM crazy, when it came to sewing. She is a great seamstress and has sewn my whole life. When I needed a dress for a dance, I would create this dress in my mind. My Mom and I would go shopping and I would tell her I want these sleeves on this bodice and the bottom to look like that but, like this in the front. I had the dress all planned out in my mind and they were always BEAUTIFUL!! My mom put up with my inventions and made her best dress to what I had in my mind. She was a saint. They always turned out perfect. She would work with my crazy designs, BUT when I got older I started putting the dresses designed with great material. She would always tell me, I can make the dress, but, I can't do anything about the material. We would shop and shop till I would finally find something that would work. 

OK, so my rambling has brought me to a point.
I bought a chair years ago that I have wanted to recover. I actually didn't have the exact material I wanted in my mind, but I did want a gray background, but it had to have RED and PINK flowers with a gorgeous green, if I could find it. I have looked and looked for this perfect material. I kept finding white backgrounds, with either red or pink flowers but not both. 
My Mom came into town and we were once again looking around for THAT PERFECT fabric. After a few stores and no luck. We stopped by HOBBY LOBBY to look at there great collection of cotton duck with amazing prints. But, still no luck.
As we were leaving, this lady had just pulled out their new shipment of material..and can you BELIEVE it..laying there on the ground was MY MATERIAL, the material I had been looking for, for years. I was SOOOOOOOO excited. Here is what my gray background with red AND pink flowers with green in it looks like:


Isn't it PERFECT!!! I LOVE IT!!!
Sadly the material was cotton, so not thick enough to recover a chair. So, we my mom got piece of denim material, I had at home and quilted the PERFECT fabric to it and made it thick enough to put on my chair. 


The finished product. Doesn't it look amazing. I LOVE IT. Now, I just need to paint the chair....HHHUUUUMMMMM, any suggestions????

2 comments:

The Smiths said...

Fabric was worth the wait. Very cute.

Angela said...

I love the fabric. It all looks so great together. I want a video tour of your house when your done