Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Quick, Fun Gift!!


I needed a fun quick gift for a friend. I have been LOVING the dry erase board using frames. I decided to make her an 8 X 10 frame, but using holiday scrapbook paper, so it can be used all year and add that fun holiday touch to your home. 



I bought at Walmart a 8 X 10 frame for 3.96. The fun thing using frames you have a ton of sizes to choose from, your options are endless.


I gave it a coat of black paint (don't you love my painting towel, it has many years of projects on it). You can also by the same frame already black in the store, but I love the distressed look, so I stick to the brown. When you apply the black paint, you don't have to make it perfect, because you are going to take the sand paper to it right after.


This is what it will look at all distressed...GORGEOUS!!!


I bought some holiday themed paper and cut it to size. I am going to put the extra paper inside the frame so she can changed it each month. I just did it for the next 3 months, but you could easily do it for a Christmas gift and have a year worth of holiday paper cut and ready to go. Just throw in a dry erase marker and you are done. It was fun and easy and can't wait to give it to her!!

Click HERE to see another idea for a dry erase board.

2 comments:

Karalenn Hippen said...

Ali! I can't believe I've never seen your blog before. At least I can't remember if I had. It's been such a fun morning looking at all the stuff you do for your beautiful home! I'm completely inspired. I think I'll re-paint me table now. :) I miss you guys too. We love our branch here, but it's so fun look think of that amazing ward there in ABQ and feel grateful for our winter stay there. :)
~Karalenn

Karalenn Hippen said...

Ali! I can't believe I've never seen your blog before. At least I can't remember if I had. It's been such a fun morning looking at all the stuff you do for your beautiful home! I'm completely inspired. I think I'll re-paint me table now. :) I miss you guys too. We love our branch here, but it's so fun look think of that amazing ward there in ABQ and feel grateful for our winter stay there. :)
~Karalenn