Monday, April 19, 2010

YEAH!! I Love When A Craft Turns Out Great!!

I saw a fun way to paint with a BAR OF SOAP, yes you read it right a bar of soap. It was so fun and EASY (and it smells refreshing). Here is how you do it...



Get a piece of wood you want to paint..I had some vinyl lettering to put on so, mine was pretty big. The first step is on your blank piece of wood, randomly take your bar of soap and make marks on the wood. Here is a picture, it is kinda hard to see the marks, but look hard ;o) Where every you apply your soap, is where the paint will not stick to...



depending on how many colors you do, put soap on every layer of paint. I did two. So, I put soap on the plain wood and then did a coat of brown paint, let that dry and then in DIFFERENT spots put some more soap on the brown paint. So, by the time you do your second coat of paint you can rub off the soap and you will have the natural wood and the brown paint showing through. It gives it an old vintage vibe. SOOOO cute.




Do like my nasty towel I paint on every time, it is getting a lot of character ;o)



This what it looks like with the vinyl on....I LOVE IT!! Two more steps and you are done.


I sanded the edges ....




And then used Delta SEMI OPAQUE Burnt Umber paint and went around the edges. The paint has to be SEMI OPAQUE it makes it really light almost like it is watered done.




AND YOUR DONE....so easy and such a fun vintage look.







Any questions let me know.....HAVE FUN!!

Click Here for another tutorial how to do it...